The Brenta Riviera
One of the most evocative itineraries in the Veneto region from Venice to Padua. The ancient waterway that connects the lagoon to the mainland.
- Our guide will meet you at your hotel
- All Transfers
- Guide in your language for the whole day.
- Lunch and visit to the Palladian Villas.
- Afternoon arrival in Venice and accompaniment to your hotel.
The journey down the Brenta River towards Venice on an antique Venetian boat, the burchiello is simply magical. Our half-day or full-day excursion includes splendid villas, beautiful countryside, antique engineering feats and a glimpse into Venice’s decadence past.
Our trip begins at the Porte Contarine in the historic center of Padua. Navigating along the Piovego River, we skirt along the massive walls the ancient river port of Padua, Noventa. Here we reach the Brenta River and passing the first lock we come to a remarkable palace, Villa Giovannelli.
Then to Stra and the sumptuous Villa Pisani, the so-called Ducal Palace of the mainland, then Dolo with its famous mills. Along the enchanting shoreline between Dolo and Mira there are weeping willows, revolving bridges, grand palaces and manicured gardens. Among them Villa Badoer, Villa Mioni, Villa Selvatico, Villa Valmarana, Villa Waldman and Villa Corner where the parties lasted at least 8 days . Finally, we get to Oriago, where the atmosphere we breathe is already Venetian. There we find Villa Foscari, better known as Malcontenta (the unhappy one), an Andrea Palladio masterpiece. Shortly after passing the Moranzani lock, we near our destination and enter into Venice’s lagoon. The sight of the Venice and San Marco in the distance is unforgettable.
- What’s included
- Our local guide will escort you the entire day
- All transfer
- Burchiello Tickets
- Two Villas visit
What’s not included
- Anything not explictly specified
- Personal expenses.
Available itineraries and times:
- Departure from Padua at 8:00, arrival in Venice at 17:30
- Departure from Venice at 8:50 am, arrival in Padua at 7:00 pm
- Option for half-day itineraries, towards Venice or Padua.